Chicago Vintage Motor Carriage is a full-service vintage car specialist. It hosts the Richard H. Driehaus collection, which showcases the best of American automotive design and engineering from the Classic and Post-War eras. We are not open to the public, but we do accept applications to tour from groups with a clear affinity for the collection: car clubs, design and engineering societies, educational institutions, etc.
Please take a tour of our site. We hope you enjoy learning about the collection. We are always looking for more information on the current lineup of cars–if you have photos, news articles, features, video, etc… of any of our cars, we’d like to hear from you. Similarly, if you know of cars for sale of the type you see here, please let us know.
Services we offer
– Sales: Outright, Consignment and Brokerage.
– Auction lot inspection and appraisal: we are at most major US collector car auctions throughout the year.
– Periodic Maintenance: if modern cars need regular attention, it follows that vintage cars require as much or more care. We provide that care by applying the maintenance schedule specific to your car and inspecting for and addressing potential problems before they occur.
– Repair: like other machines (possibly more so due to age and use), vintage cars will fail and will need specialist attention. Our certified technicians have over 100 years’ combined experience, with an average of over 30.
– Restoration: whether your car needs a complete, frame-off restoration or a just a new interior, we can help you achieve your goals with the highest level of craftsmanship. This includes body, paint, mechanical, upholstery, trim, and glass.
– Conservation: Once exclusive to the realm of museums, the automotive conservation disciplines are being practiced outside of that realm as a logical consequence of the popularisation of the preservation movement. We are proud to consider ourselves advocates for and practitioners of these disciplines. Please see the preserved cars in the Driehaus Collection, and contact us for past and current client conservation jobs.
– Show preparation, detailing.
– Logistics, transportation, storage.
– Studio photography: whether you are consigning your car to us, sending it to auction, or just want quality images of your pride and joy, your car will look its best in our state-of-the-art photography studio, featuring a 10-foot by 30-foot Chimera light bank and enough Wattage to light up downtown Chicago.
– Cars for display at your event or as photo/film props (sorry, no livery service).
If what you are looking for is not here, please contact us, we may still be able to help.